Saturday, December 20, 2008

Almost 100%!

Wow-Its been a long time since I wrote!! I have hit the ground running! I went back to Dr. Murphy the Monday after Thanksgiving. I felt great! It was my first day of driving, so I really felt good. He basically gave me a high 5 and said he will never see me again-we hope!! Unless it is just to say hi! He said I am healing better than anyone he has seen so far and wants to put my photo in his brochure....my 15 minutes of fame in a daVinci brochure-and not even my face or name! It has been 5 weeks and I feel great. It is really life as normal for the most part. I am still sore and do get tired easy still. I am still having migranes, but every week they seem to come a day later. Right now they are a week apart. Dr. Murphy really thinks it is from the anesthesia and when it gets out of my system-these will end....I hope!! Although-I have become so used to them, I just take my pill as soon as i see that blurred vision and go about my day. No rest for the weary!! I rode the bike yesterday for 20 minutes and could have done more but Hunter was in the tub wanting to get out!! I took the dog and the boys for a walk for the first time this week too! Without problem!! My right arm is still pretty week. The "stab wounds" sill hurt and I still cannot wear a bra...i am starting to like that though-dressing can sill be a challenge...I am pretty much able to do anything! I almost forget that i had this surgery until I bump something or I get a migrane. I don't really notice any huge difference except I can take the deepest breathes!! I still get dizzy if I reach down to pick something up-which unfortunately is every few minutes with 2 boys and a dog...but that is getting better! I decorated almost fully for Christmas, did cards and shopping!! WOW! What a blessing I have had. I really cant wait to do my first cycle class and run...I am so blessed. Even with all the doom and gloom of the economy...I am on a little "high". It all seems so surreal to me now...I am so blessed with family and friends... I realize now how many angels surround me. I love my family-my husband is THE best! And my boys are just little gifts from God. My entire family, my Mom, Mom in law, Dad, Dad-in law, bros-sis's in law-just every one!! And my friends...I have realized that most of my angels are in the form of friends. I cannot even express how grateful I am for dear friends-they were there when i woke up. My girlfriends are my sisters and i have learned so much from them! This Christmas, i have received the best gift of all...a new valve, a new lease on life and a new realization of what faith is!

No comments: