Tuesday, November 11, 2008

10:00 pm update

much better. the effects of all the meds have worn off and things are improving rapidly. Breathing tubes have been removed and Suz has the normal complaints of thirst and pain in iv and stab wound areas . In no time she can set to work on becoming an old age burden on her children.
Suz is still in icu recovery and will be moved to an icu room tomorrow early in the morning. She has regained her personality and is able to sit in a chair for a while despite all the attachments. Most importantly she is very glad to have gone through w/ the procedure which says a lot for the first day of recovery. After a long day in the hospital some advice to all....... dont ever get old. Jennifer , Coleen , Stephen and Dr Cox and I had a nice wing/beer break between ICU visting hours.

Goodnight and god bless

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Susan and Michael!
I JUST FOUND OUT!! And I have to say, reading this last blog first, was a bit freaked out by "stab wounds"...thank God you meant ones made by doctors! While my own heart is beating about 1000x faster hearing about this, I am so relieved to also hear all is going well with her recovery. I'm going to get on the meals list (although Michael, you may prefer hospital food doggie bags!!) and if there is anything else I can do to help, I am in. FOR SURE I will be sending my prayers your way...thank God there are good doctors and hospitals out there so Miss Susan CAN grow old!! Take good care of each other......hugs, Tixie

curlgirlevans said...

Hey Susan-
I am SO glad things went well. I'm reading all your
posts through tears. I have been thinking about you and praying and was so excited to get the call from Jennifer yesterday that you were out of surgery and starting the recovery process. Keep getting better and I can't wait to hear all about it.
Love, Shelley