Thursday, November 13, 2008

Feeling pretty good-First post surgery post!

Its me! I finally feel a little normal and decided to check up on my posts! Michael has done pretty well! I am feeling much better tonight. This am Dr. Murphy said he was sending me home this afternoon possibly, but after a blood test showed low hemoglobin, a fever of 100.7 and BP of 74 over 30, I had a blood tranfusion, so I am here another night. I haven't seen the Dr. this evening yet, but I think he might send me home tomorrow. I wish he was sending me to the Ritz, but that is not gonna happen! The surgery was of couse-not very memorable to me. I just remember waking up in ICU and seeing Michael. after the tube was removed, I was able to see Michael, Joyce, Steve, Greg and Ash, Coleen and Jennifer, and my Daddy! So great to see them after such a crazy day!! I was up all night in ICU-the beeping and talking and my severe thirst were awful!! The nurses really should not flaunt their Diet Cokes in the faces of thirsty patients. The next day, I was released to a room-thank goodness! Only, I had to trade in my Morifine to other pain pills which of course, I became allergic too. They gave me Benedryl and I slept for 7 hours waking to major pain. Now I have been introduced to Tylenol 3, my new best friend. I have walked around the nurse station 6 times and am in desparate need for a shower! So much for my new PJs I got-didnt know I needed a heart monitor pocket in the front. On the best note-I had an EEG today and was able to see my "new" valve-it is absolutely perfect with no leaking!!! I may take up running...but maybe not. I did see my regular cardiologist yesterday and she walked the 3 day too! She already signed up for next year-so maybe the tatas can have a new member. Michael just went to get me pizza. I am gonna miss his spoiling after next week. He has been awesome. Thanks for all the well wishes, phone calls, visits and prayers. I am overwhelmed with everyone's gestures. My family really appreciates it-as do I! Hopefully, tomorrow I will be seeing my boys-who I have been told are having the time of their lives with all the fun playdates. They might just wish Mama went for Heart surgery everyday. Getting tired but will post more soon....

No comments: