Saturday, November 15, 2008

Home!!

I am home-thank the Lord! I can't believe it! I actually came home yesterday-a day early! I think they like to boot people out as quick as possible-little did they know they were sending me to little less than the Barnum and Bailey Circus!! I have not mentioned how amazing Mom has been during this whole thing. She has stayed here since Tuesday and had the place spotless, the kids as normal as possible, with lots of help from Mimi and really great friends-they barely missed a beat. The sight of them literally brought me to tears! The fridge was full and my bed was AWESOME!! It was just very hard to come home and sit and not be able to do a thing about the melting children, heating up dinner and the puppy....who has chewed everything and managed to revert back to before potty training days. She let me know how mad she was at me and escaped from her crate twice last night into my bed---yikes--not so good with stitches!! SO-after a negotiation...Michael wanted to send her to "camp" never to return again and I found Man's Best Friend..which she is going to tomorrow for two weeks of "training camp". Merry Christmas to me...ah Home Sweet Home. So good to be here. I feel good for the most part! I was finally able to kneel in the shower and wash my hair-I still can't shower fully. They took out all my tubes and IV's I have 5 wounds in my right side and one in my neck. I have not seen these-I would faint-Michael said they are about 2" long each. The one at my groin where the heart lung machine went into is the most painful now and about 3-4"long. My lung still feel a little uninflated and it still hurts to cough-only can with a pillow holding in my lungs. My fever is down-finally-amazing what a little blood transfusion will do for you. BP is still hovering around 100/50, which is better than the better than the walking dead of 74/30...So I am getting better. I realized stairs are not my friend right now and it is gonna be a long 2-3 weeks, but I know the end result is just amazing...I see the dotted line they drew before the surgery down the center of my chest "just in case" something went wrong and cannot believe how far things have come and how lucky I am to have made the cut. If I have learned one thing....Take care of your heart-it ain't worth risking what you could have to endure-not that I had a choice, but a lot of those people did I am sure!! I go back to Dr. Marvy on Monday so I am sure, hopefully I will get a great report. I am soo happy to be home with my babies...all of them-yes even the dog!

3 comments:

Grier Thomason said...

hey-I am up and running again!! yea! Wow-you're home aleady!! Good for you. I tried to call you, but I had no idea you were home already. Sounds like you're doing prretty well. I'll try to call again

Bill Cox said...

Susan,

Hey it's your "little" cousin Bill Cox. My mom told me about your blog and I'm really glad to hear that you made it!!!! Gosh, I'm so thankful that you didn't have to have a mechanical valve put in. Getting your own valve fixed is really the best thing.

Stay well.

Bill

Unknown said...

Wow Susan,

I just found this link from Facebook. I didn't know you were going through all of that! Welcome home and I hope you're feeling better very soon!

We're going to be out of town next week, but if there is anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Nanette